This project came out much better than my previous one, intent and concept-wise. It was overall well received, and the concept was clear to everyone. I was complimented for making such personal work, and unlike last time, I felt that suggestions I received would not steer my project in many different directions, but instead focus the concept that was already important to me.
Of the suggestions I received, the ones I found most on point (and which were already buzzing in my head) were first, that I should push the abstraction in the piece, reducing objects to shapes and colors as much as I could by framing (or not framing) them a certain way, and playing with "wonky" composition, and second to linger on the spilled bottle longer as a climax and a point of reflection. I also received feedback that suggested that I should include more shots that focused on the lights cast and reflected by the bottles, and other suggestions that would push the idea of the viewpoint of someone being drunk, which I don't like.
I think the project was a success with room for improvement, but I don't know that I'll pursue it any further for how difficult it was.
No comments:
Post a Comment