Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Project 2 (Brianna Palmer)

The Chosen and the Lost (project 2) artist statement

            This project is an attempt to express how specific periods in my life were effected by the decisions made by an important person. This is my attempt to express why this person, who for most people is a great friend, a role model, and a caregiver, is someone who to me represents everything I don’t want to be, is a symbol of greed and neglect, someone I don’t want to be a part of my life. They made poor choices, and in turn, they lost their family.

This video contains deep personal symbolism. The objects I picked mean specific things to me and make the meaning clear to me. However, the viewer does not have any of these memories, so they are entirely on their own to try to piece together and make sense of the narrative hidden in the lights and shadows of the bottles, and the broken memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment