Sunday, October 19, 2014

Project 2 draft feedback reflection (Brianna Palmer)

I'm not sure about all the ideas that came from the feedback on Monday. People recommended more shaky cam and more blur, with increasing intensity as the video went on. I could experiment with that, but that seems to me that it would come from the perspective of the addict. I don't want it from a drunk persons eyes, I want it from the eyes of someone who's scared and confused, someone experiencing it second hand. On top of that I think it would make the video a little harder to understand, and I want clarity. I did also receive feedback related to establishing the space, which is important. As my storyline is planned now, the viewer doesn't get a sense of the space. It was suggested that I pay special attention to this and that I should perhaps form an establishing spot before I go into close, intimate shots of objects.
In response to feedback about establishing a space, I've decided I'll return to a view of the whole room more often than I previously planned, combining it with the "bottle pile up" scene, which will in turn be structured and set up differently to facilitate the new angle. Besides having a more interesting composition than the symmetrical setup previously planned, I will no longer physically try to "pile up" the bottles, and instead, every time the camera returns to that shot, it will have more bottles in it, focused around a small coffee table and the floor. I'll arrange the bottles in a way that is more visually interesting than stacking this way, and I may not need as many bottles as I previously planned.
Further feedback outside of class reinforced other ideas about changing camera angles, and adding movement into the video. I've decided to focus on angles lower than eye height for most of my remaining shots. I'll have to experiment to decide what to do with lighting, focus, and steadiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment