Monday, October 27, 2014

Ashley Long - Project 2 Reflection

Project 2 Reflection

       I was extremely pleased with the way my project was received in critique. I'm proud of this piece because it came together as well as I had been hoping it would, and it was really fun to actually do. It is also a piece I would love to branch off of, asking more people and recording them doing the same thing. A lot of people said it was therapeutic, including myself, which I was happy with, and I think it would be neat to have a sort of broader experiment with more people involved to help get the point across even more so. 
       To further see how it would be received, not just by my class but by non art students, I shared my project on Facebook. It's received very good reactions from there as well, furthering my resolve to try this again once I have the means to more participants and time. The only thing I did not like was the grainy essence of the close up shot. Next time, I plan on using two or more cameras at once - one for the whole video from the same angle as this one was taken, and one or two more for different close up angles so that the quality isn't lost in the transition.

No comments:

Post a Comment