Monday, October 13, 2014
Project 2 Experimental storyline (Brianna Palmer)
First of all I’m going to apologize that my draft has placeholders in it, I’m having a hard time finding some of the props I’m dead set on including. I also spent the better part of the weekend collecting bottles.
So far I’m not sure how I feel about the footage I have so far, after I put it all together. It feels very strange to me to express these kinds of feelings and personal issues in this way, trying to communicate it clearly enough that an audience will understand despite how personal it is. I’m trying to express confusion, sadness, and some anger in the way I took these shots, but I’m not sure it’s working yet. I tried to experiment with lighting, shaky cam, and focus to communicate these feelings. I’m also not sure I’m using the bottles completely effectively. I want to add scenes and props other than those indicated in the placeholders (including some more hand-done cards to mom and some drawings), but the video could likely end up too long for the project parameters if I do everything I want. Maybe I’ll do more to it for myself.
This project is supposed to communicate a feeling more than a narrative. I want some feedback about what people think about it, but I don’t know that I’m going to take people’s advice because of so highly personal this is. Mostly I want to know how genuine people think it feels.
The space I’m using for this is the corner of the room where my family used to all gather and watch TV and movies. I thought about using the entryway or kitchen, but they’re a little difficult to section off, and also fairly large.
Labels:
Brianna Palmer
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment