Within my critique, we decided that it would be easier for the audience to digest if I went with Proposal 1: Cat's Cradle. Proposal 2 is much more dense, but still a strong concept to be saved for a later date. To make my piece more relatable, she stressed that I need to emphasize the plain mundanity of my bedroom. I would have to replace my bedding with something white. I would perhaps hang a landscape painting in the background. Really anything to make my space seem as plain as possible would make my situation more relatable. However, she said that little hints of my personality would add to the piece. Simple, subtle cues of my identity would make me more accepting as a character. As a character, I have to be aware of all the little hints and insinuations I make with my face and body language.
She also stressed that I have to be conscious of every minute choice I make in my piece. The material of the string must be intentional, the scenes I choose to flash between must be intentional, and the clothes I wear as a figure in my piece must be intentional. I have to be acutely aware of every decision I make.
No comments:
Post a Comment