"Your Eyes Proclaim..." By Julia Morrisroe.
Acrylic, enamel, & polymers on canvas & paper.
Morissroe's series works to give an order to a sensory overload. Her works grapple with the hierarchy of information we receive and how we filter sights and sounds.
I love the images' aesthetic. I personally am also fascinated by why people deem certain images aesthetically pleasing and why that opinion differs from person to person. I love how soft her pieces are. My favorite thing about them is that there is a certain sense of chaos, but the mess is contained within each individual painting. This was my favorite piece in the show.
I love the images' aesthetic. I personally am also fascinated by why people deem certain images aesthetically pleasing and why that opinion differs from person to person. I love how soft her pieces are. My favorite thing about them is that there is a certain sense of chaos, but the mess is contained within each individual painting. This was my favorite piece in the show.
Lisa Iglesias
Acrylic paint dripped over the state flag of Florida. Forgive me if this information is incorrect, but I neglected to take a picture of the piece's description. From what I recall, the artist wanted to comment on the different influences and changes that have changed the local environment. More than anything, I was impressed by the display of the piece. It hung maybe seven feet in the air and gave a very chilling impression, almost like a figure hung by a noose. I feel like it really pushed the ideology of the death of society as it was in the past, made heavy by all these new changes and opinions.
Acrylic paint dripped over the state flag of Florida. Forgive me if this information is incorrect, but I neglected to take a picture of the piece's description. From what I recall, the artist wanted to comment on the different influences and changes that have changed the local environment. More than anything, I was impressed by the display of the piece. It hung maybe seven feet in the air and gave a very chilling impression, almost like a figure hung by a noose. I feel like it really pushed the ideology of the death of society as it was in the past, made heavy by all these new changes and opinions.
No comments:
Post a Comment