Wednesday, October 8, 2014

2 storyboards and proposal



In my first storyboard, I want to show how quickly a small space can deteriorate within a set time. The Second Law of Thermodynamics says that, within a closed system, entropy increases. I wanted to play with something similar. To make an enclosed space (closed system) as chaotic as possible all as a side effect of creating something worthwhile (much like humanity does to the environment). It would be shot indoors and focus on a tabletop/surrounding area. It would be a person creating something (for color's/contrast's sake, I think crocheting with colorful yarn would be something fun to shoot, as it involves a lot of hand motion).

The second storyboard I wanted time to seem to stretch out, despite in the narrative having it take place over real-time that it was shot (1-3 minutes). I wanted to visually signal lots of time passing, but at the end reassure the viewer (and the subject) that little time had past. I want to communicate the feeling of waiting for something; everything taking longer than it should. It would be set in a still car/the front seat, with a couple shots of the sky. and surrounding asphalt. 

No comments:

Post a Comment