What does a common person think
when they are told a sound art work is about to be presented? It is a calming
sound? Is it an enjoyable sound? Or it is something that will create an
uncomfortable feeling? When I am presented with sound projects, I tend to favor
that project that creates a sense of relaxation. Sounds like music, or ambiance
are sounds that I am happy to listen too. In this project I wanted to play with
just that. My project is based on the idea of sharing a relaxing experience.
One of the most relaxing activities of my day is making food, specially cooking
eggs in the morning. In this piece I try to set a mood and create an ambiance
of a morning breakfast. I worked with the sounds of the stove and the different
tools used in the creating of my breakfast. I played with these sounds by
creating an abstract piece. Although abstract, this piece uses these sounds in
the order use. Therefore, one could understand what is going on in the piece,
however, they are able to sit back and relax to the different sounds.
I
created this project by recording the sounds I create while making my usual
morning breakfast. I played with the recordings of eggs cracking, the pan
cooking, the vegetables being cut and the other background noises in my
apartment in the morning. By repetition,
changing speed, staking and different other affects I was able to create an
ambiance in which the listener can sit and relax. This project is meant to be
played in a room that completely a different place than a kitchen. It is supposed
to bring this ambiance to the listener and as they sit, close their eyes and
relax they can hear the cooking, imagine it and even smell it.
No comments:
Post a Comment