Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Project 3 draft feedback (Brianna Palmer)

The feedback I got from presenting my draft indicated a few things. I need to add more sounds, for which I got many suggestions. I need to change the timing of the individual sounds, perhaps by grouping them together more, so that they don't sound so planned, and make them sound more natural. For instance, I need to either re-record or modify the sounds of the can and the sighing so they sound more natural. I asked if the sound level was good and it was indicated that it was fine, however I turned down some of the sounds too low, which made them inaudible through regular speakers.
I am thinking at this point that I should visit the noisiest library on campus in order to get a better feel for the sounds that I should include in this piece... but of course I won't record there, because that violates my concept.
I am going to collect more sounds and try them out to see if I can get something going that feels really natural. I will probably make several versions of the project in order to do this.
All of the sound suggestions were very helpful.

No comments:

Post a Comment