Monday, November 3, 2014

Project III Concept & Sound Bits - 10.29.2014

Project III Draft Concept
In my tentative thought process, I had the basic idea of creating the sound of machinery using organic sounds and repetition, thus creating a Willy Wonka-like effect that was rather playful.  Upon further contemplation, I now want to make a piece that hits closer to home.  Retaining this machinery-like effect, I now want to comment on the irony of trying to force yourself to relax.  I would start my piece off in a tense environment, perhaps busy with the sound of a crowd or cars honking their horns. Then, with a transition such as a door closing or the muffling of one ear then the other (like putting earbuds in).  The sound would turn into predictable relaxing sounds (birds chirping, ocean waves, etc.)   Then, I would slowly glitch these clips and bites until they turned more irritating.  The listener would bounce in and out between reality and the relaxing state until either reality eventually takes over and the listener can't block out the noise or the listener learns how to drown out the excess and focus on staying calm.

SoundCloud Link (x)

No comments:

Post a Comment