Wednesday, November 19, 2014

In-class Exercise 11/19/14

I felt very tense and goofy a first. Shakey a little because I knew she was going to stare at me for 5 minutes straight. She would see all the things I hate about myself and focus on them. I was in the giggle mode for a while because I was self-conscious. I thought staring at each other for 5 minutes long would take a life time to go through. However, the time actually passed by quicker than I thought it would take. Before we started it, I thought I could handle it, but it took me a while to relax. I took off my glasses so I really wouldn't have to see her and feel embarrassed, however I wished I didn't because I couldn't really see her. I looked into her eyes and tried to connect with her and feel the same emotions she felt. Yet, I could not do so because my eyesight was blurry. I really did love the exercise because I felt one with someone and tried to really understand them.

I liked the idea of not letting the pen leave the paper and starting off with writing my name. I felt like writing my name made this piece of paper my own and would show off everything that I was thinking at the time. I found it hard to draw and it took longer than the gaze.

No comments:

Post a Comment