My project was generally well received and I believe it to be a success. However, it was missing a few things. Most important of all, it was lacking some sounds. There were sounds that the speakers did not play, and besides that I think that inclusion of a few more sounds (such as more whispering, louder footsteps, and more shuffling) would have strengthened the project. I need to either fade out the end or fix the clip so that it can be played smoothly on a loop. Other than that, the biggest problem was the birds. The loudness of the birds made the piece feel like it was outdoors, rather than inside the library. It was suggested that I either leave it alone and let the audience believe it is outside (which wouldn't make sense with other noises), quiet the birds, make them less frequent, or make them louder when doors are opened. Changes I would make would probably include a combination of the bird fixes and a few more sounds, most of all. I would probably also fix the track to make it playable on loop, which may involve removing my favorite section toward the middle in which a girl hits a table and apologizes. That part would be strange to include in a loop.
Other than that I think the project was strong and the audience thought so as well.
No comments:
Post a Comment