Concept Draft
For this project, I want to explore identity, and the forces from our past that influence who we are today. I plan on examining my childhood memories and how they pieced together the person who I am today, or how they helped me realize myself, specifically my sexuality. I want to shed light on the little hints displayed in my life that helped me realize who I am today.
To depict this concept, I will record myself reading pre-written memories from my past, lasting 1-3 minutes. Ideally, the clips would be similar in length. After collecting about 30 memories, I will play each clip over each other, creating a muffled sound of a crowd of voices all speaking at the same time. After a brief intro of this as an "establishing sound", I will lower all of the voices except for one, in time to hear one coherent sentence from the memory. After this is done, it will move to the next until all of the memories are heard. I do not want this to tell a narrative, more display a collection of pieces from these retellings.
In order to vary the project, I will use a wide range of memories, from early childhood to recent, and spanning the full spectrum of emotions. I want a well distributed collection. I am still not entirely sure what my appropriated sound will be, possibly a different recording from earlier childhood, or a simple instrument in the background.
https://soundcloud.com/leanne-sheth/sets/project-3-sound-samples
No comments:
Post a Comment