Artist Statement Draft
My piece now takes a more narrative role than originally planned. I intend to take the listener on a short journey, playing with the idea of audible pet peeves. I will take the listener from scenario to scenario in different environments. My draft takes the audience into a bar-like space and sets the scene in a calming fashion. Music plays softly in the background, the bartender pours the listener a drink, and the audience basks in the ambience. After a couple of seconds, a sudden and shrill voice takes over the space, filling the listener's ears with whiny, nasally voices. The listener leaves in a huff out the doors to a different space. I want to take the audience through at least 3 different spaces and play with how far I can push the contrast between relaxing and irritating. I want this piece to differ from my previous pieces in that it has a much more humorous tone. I want this contrast to evoke relatability and amusement.
SoundCloud Link (x)
No comments:
Post a Comment