Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Story Board



"Creativity" records my day, in a sense. As in: the entire sequence is in black and white except for things that I feel represent originality instead of the uniform. everything is colorless except for makeup, shoes, rotoscoping and drawing over the images frame by frame in a way that represents imagination, for example, I tap on my nokebook and sparks fly from my fingers in a fantasy-esque manner, the video becoming more and more saturated with color as the video progresses. So it has this feel of "yes this is incredibly boring looking in from the outside, but in my head I choose to do things that makes things stand out."

I wanted to capture something that is done every day, but not often recorded. Makeup came to mind. It is something that many people utilize every day, but isn't recorded as seeing the "before" ruins the "illusion" of the self/image one tries to project through it. So, going with this idea, the images would all be in black and white. However as I apply makeup, the made-up areas regain their color. Once I am done, I would remove all of it, and the images would still keep their saturation and color, the background fading into color as well. Acceptance and comfort with self-image over time being the underlying theme here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment