Idea 1: I am a very competitive person, regardless of the task at hand. I have an ingrained and itching desire to be the best at everything I do. I have an idea of an object with many layers such as a ball. It starts off very pristine and shiny. The ball rolls around and sees the beauty of the world around it, beginning with the slow drifting of the clouds outside. Whenever it rolls up to something it envies, it sheds a part of itself to become like that object. The ball finds most of it's perceived "perfections" through the internet. The ball desperately tries to transform itself to resemble the images of beauty it finds on the internet. This happens again and again until the ball shreds itself into an unrecognizable mess, losing its original identity. This not only relates to my inner sense of competitiveness, but also the pressure of conforming to an unattainable idea of beauty.
Idea 2: In my work, I have
a reoccurring theme of surrendering or clutching to childhood because it
is a topic that I personally struggle with in my life. I have an idea
of a plot in which the set starts off very childish and cute, but then
devolves as the main character struggles
to cope with the drudgeries of adulthood. The main character, a toy figurine, begins very happy and with his wife, who pours him coffee. This happy theme continues until the wife plops the stack of bills onto the table. The set would turn very grim
very fast as the main character tries to adapt to this new life with responsibilities. The main character argues with his wife and ends up alone looking out the window. This relates to how perceptions of adulthood as a child quickly change as you age.



No comments:
Post a Comment