Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Storyboards


Storyboard #1

Storyboard #2

Proposals
Idea #1: The imagery of the stop-motion will be abstract, flowing, and oozing. It is inspired by a poem I wrote about the morphing and evolving nature of existence. I will read the poem alongside the stop-motion. The Chocolate and clay represent layers of the earth and the ketchup/water mixture represents blood. Air, water, fire, and earth (the four elements), all have a role in the morphology of the sequence. I may paint the clay to resemble skin, but I am still unsure. My concept is evolving with the making of the piece. 
Idea #2: This stop-motion would also have an abstract aesthetic. I would build a clay vessel and light candles inside of it. I would carve out shapes through the vessel, slowly exposing more light over time. I would take photos of varying exposure to create an abstract, strobe-light effect. This would be about the journey of understanding something- how different explanations cut out different shapes of understanding through the black wall of confusion. Different ways of explaining something exposes the light. 

No comments:

Post a Comment