Idea 1: I have a real interest in the potential aftermath of a nuclear strike and/or holocaust. Sounds pretty depressing, and that's the exact reason why I'm so fascinated by the facts and predictions of such an outcome. It's so bleak and awful and mind-shatteringly bad just what will happen if the bombs do drop. Many people don't seem to grasp the fact that no one will live no matter what they try to do. No one. It's a very scary thought, and something we absolutely must try to prevent and be aware of. Perhaps not now, but in the future. My first idea would take place in a town after the nuclear strike already happened. Most likely following a dog. I wanted a simple, yet powerful narrative where the dog travels across the landscape, returns to its old home, and finally dies. Imagery will tell the story in its entirety, with the dog simply being the central character to follow. False hope leading to a downer ending. It would get the point across well.
Idea 2: My second idea is a much simpler and more lighthearted story: A gargoyle, who is always perched on the side of a church, acting as a decorative gutter, is tormented by its bleak existence and wants to live, instead, out in the countryside rather than the city. Reminiscent of another piece of media with gargoyles as the main characters, they come to life at night and return to their original places by morning. This gargoyle decides to make its way out of the city and into the countryside, and must find a place to stay when each morning comes and it freezes back into stone. A sort of humorous adventure story with a happy ending and a sort-of-cliche moral of perseverance to achieve your dreams, and not to expect stereotypical dreams of those just based on appearances. This is actually a very open-ended idea. I wanted something with living gargoyles, simply because the idea has always appealed to me, but the underlying story could change. Drastically, even.
Idea 3: Going back to the depressing ideas, I wanted to do something involving a sort of ethereal journey through space and abstract realities; testing a bit of artistic abilities through this in a way, as well as sharing a bit of my personal feelings and interpretations of the world. However, I wanted to tie this idea with a sort of narrative. Perhaps this sort of existential existence can only be found when one has died, and is imagined by someone who romanticizes the idea of death. Not something good for an Aesop, I suppose. Instead, I want a story revolving around someone or something who is abused or depressed or on the brink of failing and is thinking about what awaits after the end, and what they will see and learn. But at the end, something happens that reminds them that it's great to be alive, and they forget about their previous thoughts, no matter how questionably romantic they seemed.
No comments:
Post a Comment