the vimeo was taken down. so i will be dropping off the other forms to watch the video
Language has always been one of the
hardest aspects for me to learn. I have failed at creating an interesting work
due to my lack of confidence in the language or I have been unable to
understand a class. As one gets to know me they understand that a very
interesting characteristic of mine is my use of any language. By text or
spoken, I have always make languages mistakes. Every since a young age I have
always had to repeat myself, since I tend to have messy thoughts and messy
speaking.
For this project I wanted to create
the confusion I tend to have when speaking.
I choose a Dr. Seuss story, which contains a great amount of play on
wording and repetition. With this story,
which is already a poem and therefore, with a lot of word play, I created a
project in which I used my normal and confusing play on word to create a
confusion with the audience. I seat in front of the class and create this
feeling of a book reading. However, as I read they will hear I am using a
confusing grammar. This is much like
when I was a child and I was not able to use the right words or turn the right
words in a sentence. In almost every
sentence I created confusion by mixing normal language with my new grammar. I
turned worlds around as well as sentences around. In addition,
I introduced the actual scanned pages of the book. The viewer is then
able to compare what I am saying to what the book is intended too say. Therefore,
there will be confusion, but there will be an understanding of what is happening.
https://vimeo.com/114375242
https://vimeo.com/114375242
No comments:
Post a Comment